Wednesday, June 18, 2014

18.06.14

I have one very cheeky fifth grade student who never fails to brighten my day. Usually he's stealing my lunch and I let him because it's so darn cute when he tries to use target language from class in real life.

This week we are learning, "May I ...?," so of course when he sees my delicious pork salad at lunch he tries it on.

"Teacha, may I-uh eat-uh some pork-uh?"

Accompany the cute accent with his cute little face and his indomitable persistence and I've got no chance!

But today in class his cheek got the best of him and he said something he hadn't bargained for.

"Ms. Kim, may I-uh steal your heart-uh?"

It was obvious his intention was literal and he had no clue that he'd actually tried to hit on his teacher. However, when we explained the nuance, without batting an eyelid he said, "Yeah, don't you think we could make it work?" or something similar in Korean to SuYun.

What a character!
I tried a new tactic: slather it in mayo so he can't take it with his hands. I ended putting it on my spoon for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment