Friday, June 13, 2014

13.06.14

Spontaneity is a quality that I don't naturally possess. If I don't have a fixed idea about what I'd like to do, I can be impulsive, but changing plans is stressful for me.

So this afternoon, as we were putting our shoes on to leave school, when Sue and SuYun suggested we go to a hill and take a walk around, I didn't really know how to respond. I had envisioned a night of Suits-watching, cooking dinner, and possibly even some pilates.

Those kind of plans are the hardest for me to break because my mind is all set for relax mode.

I'm glad I went along though, because we had great conversation in the fresh air on Walker Hill as I imagined who was staying in the private cottages and being driven around by the black minivans. One day I'd like to stay there for a night. It didn't feel like Seoul.

It reminded me of climbing up Mt. Vic with friends and looking out over the city lights. Of course, it was much less romantic and much more commercial, but it was a taste of home.
Field of flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment