Sunday, June 1, 2014

01.06.14

This evening I saw a little, white butterfly fluttering about on the subway platform. It looked so strange and out of place. It took me a while to register that it must have flown down at least 6 floors underground. I bet it will never find its way back out. It's so sad. What will happen to it? It only gets three days to exist on this planet and it blew its chance at life by following some humans down a stairwell.

Also today, before the deep incident with the butterfly, I walked out of a cafe without my cardigan, which I had been carrying around all day for the sole purpose of wearing in the movie theatre. I only realized when I was on the subway, halfway there. 

Hours later, after the film, I went back for it and they had it all folded up waiting for me. I had glee written all over my face as I took it home. What an adventure it had. 

Before this day I had never seen a film alone. It was very anti-climactic. I'd been meaning to for quite a while, and I finally found the last showing of The Grand Budapest Hotel for the momentous occasion. 

I was expecting to feel very alone and to attract strange looks, but that was not the case at all! In fact, the girl next to me was also watching solo. 

It was an empowering event, nonetheless and one to cross off the bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment