Saturday, June 1, 2013

31.05.13

I got another package from home today. This one with some summer clothing and some spices! Happy day!!

My coteacher handed it to me and sat down, expectantly waiting for me to open it. I did and the most amazing allspice scent drifted out. Ahh so good! Thanks Mum!

Tonight at Korean class we did greetings and a little bit of grammar. Flip it was not easy and we only learnt two rules! This language acquisition thing is not going to be easy! It's a good thing I enjoy it. 

Afterwards, Dani and I went out the North Gate to try and find some food when I hear a familiar voice speaking Korean to me. It was a guy from the class who lives in the area. I'd only met him that evening during practice time so it was cool he even said hi. 

He showed us around, we settled on Indian, and invited him to come along. He did and we made a new friend! I love how easy it is here to just tag along and have a grand time. 

The curries were spicy and I've never seen anyone sweat so much. Seriously. But we laughed about it and they laughed about my accent and funny words. "The wops" is a NZ saying only apparently. 

Yay for new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment