Tuesday, June 4, 2013

03.06.13

I'm back to training wheels with teaching. After 3 weeks of speaking tests, I'm feeling a tad rusty at being in front of the classroom. It's also stinking hot and they wont turn on the aircon! The poor students are practically melting.

Dani has been letting couchsurfers stay in her spare room and at the moment a Swiss couple is with her. I met up with the girl and Dani tonight for chicken. It felt really nice to be out on a weeknight so close to home. I could even run home to get my deck of cards before we tried out this new cafe/bar place above our local supermarket.

It felt like Momos in there, except cleaner and like they were at least trying to be classier. I got a delicious iced white chocolate and we played gin. I love playing gin! Even when I lose. As I did in this case... to two new players.

On the way home from school I was FB messaging Mum and I took some photos of my surroundings. It's looking more and more beautiful each day. When I arrived everything was dead and brown.


Those are grapes on the left.






Homemade tortillas and honey. My reward for the hot walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment