Thursday, June 13, 2013

13.06.13

Today I was so impressed by my classes. I started the lesson by reminding them that I didn't see them last week so today we would have to do two lessons in one. I tried to pump them up and I used some Kid's Church tactics. The "turn on your ears, and turn off your mouths," actually worked! Maybe 16 year olds aren't too cool after all.

Even my most challenging classes did an awesome job of keeping focused. They stayed engaged because we were moving fast and because I kept challenging them. Very impressive. We got to play the squirty game for even longer than some of my other classes that didn't have to do so much content.

It made me think that maybe I have been underestimating my students a bit, or just not keeping things moving enough. They switch off so quickly that maybe I need to push them through things at a faster pace.

There's nothing worse than dragging a lesson out to fit the time.

I went to see an open class in this really poor area today. It was the ghettofarm.



I'm feeling productive. I've got so many letters done!

No comments:

Post a Comment