Saturday, January 10, 2009

09.01.09

Today has been a crazy day. It's been so full of unfortunate events that were resolved. I will give you a synopsis of my day.
This morning seems such a long time ago, however I do remember waking up rather early and trotting off to work. I typed up some things and put some papers in order before Ana, JD, Dan and I geared up in fluoro and some zinc I made out of crushed chalk and sunblock and headed down to the beach to film a promo video for Summer Series, some beach evenings we are running. It was hilariously fun. We made such fools of ourselves dancing around on the sand with pool noodles and rubber tyres. There was even a shark in the water! The unfortunate event in this case is not that someone got bitten, but it was that I had locked my keys in the car. A simple, yet idiotic thing to do. I had to borrow Ana's car in order to drive to my place, get the spare keys, make it to my hairdresser's appointment, and then back to church where Ana was so we could go get my car.

Later that evening a group of friends came over to have a Barbecue and I realised that my parents had taken the gas bottle up north with them. Alone, this wouldn't have been so silly but because it wasn't the first incidence of that nature to happen today I did feel a little shamed.

Sarah had to leave early and as she was backing down my driveway she failed to turn at the right place and ended up going over the edge. It was pretty funny. She isn't the first person to have her car teetering on the ledge. In fact, five others, including me, have done it in that spot and two more elsewhere on my drive. I took some photos for your viewing pleasure. Usually my Dad is here to sort it out but after watching him do it a few times I knew what to do and there were some men around for gun and brain power.




After dinner we watched Shaun Of the Dead. I can't believe how fricken hilarious it is. I nearly wet myself. Ahh I loved it. A good laugh is certainly freeing. I hadn't laughed like that in a long time. It felt great.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a day for you. Oh, and Shaun of the dead is a great movie :D

    By the way I sent you an e-mail regarding the One Remarkable year deal that you started on Youtube, and getting involved in that. It really inspired me to start my own Blog and document every day of this next year. So Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete