Friday, January 30, 2009

29.01.09

Today I had my second swim of the summer which is actually quite shameful as it is over half way through and I should have been many more times. But man it was lovely. We took in a big blow-up dolphin and an alligator. The kids down the beach were totally eyeing them up. It was just fantastic to relax in the sea. We then walked around the rocks which is no mean feat as every step could take you to your death. Not really. But they were incredibly slippery. Then we had frappes and droevors as a reward. Bliss.

Tonight I went and helped my friend pack up her stuff because she is moving out of home. In a way it made me sad because I realised that she isn't always going to be a five minute drive away. Now she will live all the way over in the city. I'm both very excited for her and I feel like I'm letting her go. Which is a very dumb thing to feel as I'm not really at all. It's such an awesome opportunity for her though and I'm so happy for her. Packing her things reminded me of so many memories of us as wee things at intermediate all the way to now. We've grown through many stages together but this is one which I can't do with her. It's not like I'll never see her though because I'll be in town almost every day anyway for uni. Yeah. It'll be ok.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow, it's summer for you? it's winter for me right now. i wish it was summer. last summer i swam ZERO times, cryin' shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. muse
    swimming in summer is like the nicest thing ever

    ReplyDelete